Resources

Thursday, 28 January 2016

On this day ...

In honour of my 55th birthday, I thought it might be fun to collate a list of things happening "on this day" in my world.  

So here goes:

  • most importantly, it's my birthday - or did I say that already?! :-)
  • at 4.30pm, the temperature in Mackay Queensland is still 30C with a relative humidity of 68%, according to the Bureau of Meteorology.  
  • the front page of today's Daily Mercury implores people to NOT leave their dogs in distress during the hot summer season. The local RSPCA has received 7 emergency calls this summer already for dogs suffering heatstroke and/or dehydration. 
  • the men's semi-final of the 2016 Australian Open (tennis) is televised free tonight between Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic - 2 all-time champions!  Go, Roger :-)
Novak Djokovic (left) and Roger Federer (right) will do
battle in the semi-final of the 2016 Australian Open tonight.

  • and Serena Williams defeated Agnieszka Radwanska in the women's semi-final earlier today.







  • unleaded petrol costs 105.9cents per litre at our local petrol station;
  • a loaf of bread from a supermarket costs $1.90 and 1 litre of milk costs $1.25;
  • Jemma has just come home from the movies where a ticket now costs $16.50; she saw "Dirty Grandpa" which looks absolutely awful to me and which she really enjoyed!
That's a few snippets about my life on 28 January 2016.  Maybe I'll revisit this next year and see what's changed :-)


Happy birthday to me :-) 




1 comment:

  1. I think it's a great idea to jot down the events of your special day...I'm not one of those people who can remember what something cost when I was 10,20,30 etc.

    Hope you had a great birthday!!

    ReplyDelete