So here goes:
- most importantly, it's my birthday - or did I say that already?! :-)
- at 4.30pm, the temperature in Mackay Queensland is still 30C with a relative humidity of 68%, according to the Bureau of Meteorology.
- the front page of today's Daily Mercury implores people to NOT leave their dogs in distress during the hot summer season. The local RSPCA has received 7 emergency calls this summer already for dogs suffering heatstroke and/or dehydration.
- the men's semi-final of the 2016 Australian Open (tennis) is televised free tonight between Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic - 2 all-time champions! Go, Roger :-)
|Novak Djokovic (left) and Roger Federer (right) will do|
battle in the semi-final of the 2016 Australian Open tonight.
- and Serena Williams defeated Agnieszka Radwanska in the women's semi-final earlier today.
- unleaded petrol costs 105.9cents per litre at our local petrol station;
- a loaf of bread from a supermarket costs $1.90 and 1 litre of milk costs $1.25;
- Jemma has just come home from the movies where a ticket now costs $16.50; she saw "Dirty Grandpa" which looks absolutely awful to me and which she really enjoyed!
That's a few snippets about my life on 28 January 2016. Maybe I'll revisit this next year and see what's changed :-)
Happy birthday to me :-)