Resources

Tuesday, 29 December 2015

52 Questions in 52 Weeks: #1

As part of the Genealogy Do-Over, I undertook a self-interview to record some of the information that my descendants might find interesting.

One of the suggestions put by Steve Anderson on the FamilySearch blog is to answer 52 Questions in 52 Weeks.  That way, telling your own story doesn't seem so overwhelming!

So, to begin ...

Question 1.  What is your full name? Explain why your parents gave you that name.
My full birth name is Eunice Anne WEYMOUTH. According to my mother, my first name was chosen because a close friend was named Eunice, and my father particularly liked the name. I have no idea why Anne was chosen as my middle name; perhaps again they just liked it? Or thought a simple name should go with a more unusual first name? I don't know.

I do know that when I was in school, I didn't like my name; it was uncommon amongst my school friends and stood out. I remember I didn't really like to stand out! As I grew older though, I came to enjoy having an unusual first name. I now really like that people can identify me by using my first name only; it makes me feel a bit special :-)  

I now continue to use my married surname as it seemed too troublesome to change back to my maiden name after my divorce. 

Question 2 will come next week :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment